re :arab ic country no one to help

Hi Dr.Bob

i hope you are ok and doing alright i just want to comment on the person who posted this question if you feel that my post is unnecessary please ignore it the person who complained about being afraid of the taboo should know better since me and him lives in the same region (Middle East) that there is 100's of private clinics that would do the HIV test for him discreetly ,feel free to give this person my email address and i will point him to places where he can do his test should he be a residence of Syria or the UAE what drove me to write this is like every other subject people like this person just stereotype and talk about things that does not exist now i am not denying that there is a degree of stigma in here but not as sever as projected and little do he know that even the governmental HIV clinics here will keep his identity secret and will provide him free medicine should he be discovered as + and no one will ever found out that he is + unless he tells them With mentality like this everyone will think that HIV is a taboo and it will become a bigger taboo in the future if we kept stereotyping and talking about things we did not experience our selves

sorry if i boarded you dr Bob

Stay Well

"Boarded" me? No, absolutely not. I'm delighted to hear this news!!! There are many folks living (or working) in the Middle East who remain extremely fearful of getting HIV tested due to stigmatization and the risk of deportation. Whether these fears are at all justified I do not know, but even the perception that such discrimination exists is enough to keep folks from getting tested. And if they don't get tested, they'll never know their HIV status, which in turn increases the risk they will inadvertently pass the infection on to others. Your post is welcomed news indeed and I sincerely hope it is widely read by those living in Syria and UAE. I also hope other countries in the region become more aware and responsive to the HIV/AIDS pandemic. Together our concerted effort can and will conquer this scourge!

arab ic country no one to help Aug 26, 2008

dear doctor ,

hope ur fine coming to th e point first :

three episodes of oral sex with 2 different prostitutes 1, protected oral sex,( 2- 3mts) sure that was latex condom , did not point out any condom failure.

2, same prostitute protected oral sex , but this time double condoms , i dont know why. checked outer condom after wards with water no leekage detected

3, oral sex protected lasted for three minutes , checked condom afterwards no leekage ,but when she tried to remove condom from my penis some saliva on th e outerside of tissuepaper touched the peehole of my penis ,

taking all three episodes in to consideration , can u plse suggest my risk , i cannot get myself tested here due to the taboo , i am feeling very anxietic and need ur precious advice

apart from this i have made avery sincere new yr resolution to mestarting from 2009 january , i will continuously donate approximately 150 dollars per month from my salary to ur prestigious institute.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. Your fears are unwarranted. Oral sex (unprotected) carries only a very, very low risk for HIV acquisition/transmission. That your three episodes were condom-protected puts your HIV risk into the nonexistent category. As for the saliva, this also would not be considered an HIV-transmission risk. (Saliva that does not contain visible blood is not a risk for HIV transmission.)

How unfortunate that you (and so many others) live in countries where HIV is still considered such a taboo. Such stigmatization results in folks being too scared to even get tested. This ultimately only feeds the flames of this volatile pandemic.

Thank you for your generous pledge to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). We will use it to promote HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention, education, testing and treatment in underserved countries like yours. Hopefully we will eventually be able to enlighten countries with discriminatory HIV/AIDS policies that these very policies don't prevent HIV/AIDS, but actually increase it!

Be well. Continue to play safe and you'll stay safe.

Gay sex w/ expired condom
!!Please help!! (MASTURBATION 2008) (QTND: CAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF HIV OR STD BY MASTURBATION, 2008)