Gay sex w/ expired condom

Dr. I'm a guy and just had a one night stand with someone that penetrated me. He "came" inside but pulled out immediately after and disposed of the condom. Later I realized the condom was 3 years past the expiration! (Not usually so careless). If the condom did not appear to have a break how worried should I be regarding HIV infection? I hear there is something you can take within 24hrs of a possible infection that can reduce your risk..is this true? Should I ask my doctor for it right away?

The condom was three years past the expiration date??? Dude, either you've been buying your raincoats at Costco/Sam's Club in the "convenient and economical jumbo size," which contains 7,500 condoms or you had a really, really long dry spell. Either way, if your antique condom did not break, you shouldn't worry. Certainly PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) is not warranted! That is used only for significant HIV exposures, such as a broken condom with ejaculation from a partner confirmed to be HIV positive.

My advice is as simple as 1-2-3:

1. Stop worrying.

2. Continue to practice safer sex.

3. Update the contents of your bedside "goodie drawer!"

please explain viral load and cd4 counts..
re :arab ic country no one to help