HCV by Blood

Hi Doc, I have on quick question please answer. I was with a friend who scratched himself so hard on the leg that he started to bleed. He cleaned up the blood with a napkin and I think the blood touched his hand. Ten minutes later he was holding me by the arm with the same hand he used to clean the blood while he talked to me. This freaked me out and now I'm worried that if he has HCV or HIV he might have transmitted it to me. There was no broken skin where he was holding me but since you said that HCV can live for days or weeks and still be infectious, I'm really really worried. I'm also worried about HIV transmission. He is not the most careful person when it comes to sleeping around but I can't tell him how to live his life but I don't want to be the victim of his lifestyle. Thanks Doc.

Your worries about HIV and HCV are completely unwarranted. If these viruses were spread that easily, they would have wiped out the entire planet long ago. HIV/HCV cannot permeate intact skin. Spend some time perusing the wealth of information on this site, in the archives and on the related links. Pay particular attention to how these viruses are and are not transmitted.

Used Panties
scared of hiv status