Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worry drove me to ask!
Aug 26, 2008

Hi Doctor,

I'll keep this brief as you are clearly inundated with questions - I really hope you can answer me as I am worried sick. It's now 8 weeks since I had unprotected sex (I was top) with a guy of unknown status. I completed a 4 week PEP course and am awaiting the results of my 6 week post-exposure test. I am due to test again at 3 & 6 months. Problem now is my armpits feel strange and I think I could be imagining swollen lymph nodes just because I know they are a POSSIBLE symptom of HIV infection. So 2 questions - is it possible to "imagine" such symptoms? Finally, would they even be likely at 8 weeks post-exposure (or 4 weeks post-PEP)? Your honest, expert and informed opinion (and maybe a little of that renowned "karma") would be most appreciated.

Good health to you & all who come to you for your advice and support - you will probably never realise just HOW important you are to so many people around the world (Don't go getting a big head though!)

Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

1. Is it possible to "imagine" such symptoms? Absofrickinlutely! Just take a read through the archives and you will find many absolutely confounding "imaginations!" (We have a whole chapter devoted to "symptoms.")

2. Nope!

3. My opinions are always "honest!" Why would I answer any other way? Good karma signed, sealed and sent with my blessings.

Finally, as for my getting a big head, I just checked and all my hats (including my French beret and Italian fedora) fit just fine. So I guess I'm still OK.

Dr. Bob

Previous
arab ic country no one to help
Next
HIV+ & HAD UNPROTECTED SEX

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.