Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

arab ic country no one to help
Aug 26, 2008

dear doctor ,

hope ur fine coming to th e point first :

three episodes of oral sex with 2 different prostitutes 1, protected oral sex,( 2- 3mts) sure that was latex condom , did not point out any condom failure.

2, same prostitute protected oral sex , but this time double condoms , i dont know why. checked outer condom after wards with water no leekage detected

3, oral sex protected lasted for three minutes , checked condom afterwards no leekage ,but when she tried to remove condom from my penis some saliva on th e outerside of tissuepaper touched the peehole of my penis ,

taking all three episodes in to consideration , can u plse suggest my risk , i cannot get myself tested here due to the taboo , i am feeling very anxietic and need ur precious advice

apart from this i have made avery sincere new yr resolution to mestarting from 2009 january , i will continuously donate approximately 150 dollars per month from my salary to ur prestigious institute.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. Your fears are unwarranted. Oral sex (unprotected) carries only a very, very low risk for HIV acquisition/transmission. That your three episodes were condom-protected puts your HIV risk into the nonexistent category. As for the saliva, this also would not be considered an HIV-transmission risk. (Saliva that does not contain visible blood is not a risk for HIV transmission.)

How unfortunate that you (and so many others) live in countries where HIV is still considered such a taboo. Such stigmatization results in folks being too scared to even get tested. This ultimately only feeds the flames of this volatile pandemic.

Thank you for your generous pledge to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). We will use it to promote HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention, education, testing and treatment in underserved countries like yours. Hopefully we will eventually be able to enlighten countries with discriminatory HIV/AIDS policies that these very policies don't prevent HIV/AIDS, but actually increase it!

Be well. Continue to play safe and you'll stay safe.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Do you get more e-mails than Brad Pitt per day?
Next
Worry drove me to ask!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.