Rapid Testing

I know you probobly wouldnt recommend it but I ordered a HIV rapid test kit online. I did this because here in the UAE they deport people who test positive for HIV or HEP B.

Anyway my question probobly reinforces why testing should not be done at home. I only ordered one kit. It had a pin-prick device and small pipette used to collect the blood. I had trouble getting a good quantity of blood but managed to get one small drop (all that was required as per the instructions) I placed this in the sample hole and then added 4 drops of the dilution fluid (again as per instructions)

My question...The control line showed up very clearly. Thankfully the other lines didnt appear at all. Does the presence of a control line detect the presence of blood or would it show up if just the dilution agent was present? I am concerned I didnt put enough blood in or that the blood may not have filtered down properly. The paper didnt turn pink or anything.

If I knew the answer to this it would give me the confidence to go and get tested at the local hospital to be sure.

They deport people who test positive for HIV or hepatitis B???? Nice. How kind and compassionate! It says a lot about how enlightened UAE is.

Regarding the details on how your specific online-purchased rapid test works, it's difficult for me to give you a definitive answer, as I don't know which test kit you were using. What I can tell you is that all the FDA-approved rapid test kits would not give a control line reading if there was insufficient blood. Consequently, I believe you can trust your results and get tested at the local hospital without risk of deportation.

question
effective indirect transmission