|needing your opinion please.
Aug 26, 2008
Doctor Bob, indeed you are a inspiration. here is my sit:
on october 26th of 2007 I had a 30 minutes incounter of unprotected vaginal and oral sex with a female of unknown status. Im 21 year old male who has had only 3 sexual partners. I am heterosexual only. the girl has been with 20 men.
3 weeks after the sex developed red spots and a inflammed urethral opening on the glans penis. it flacked over after about 2 months dermo. said looked like dermatitis. negitive HSV 2 swab. never any blisters.
4 wks after the symptoms I became ill which lasted nearly six months. fever 99.5-100.5 was the highest for gone after a few days, sore throat lasting months,pink eyes in both eyees, white spots on tonsils, non productive dry cough,post nasel drip, submandibular lymph nodes, inguinal.and axillary swollen and have stayed that way, they are pea sized, and movable for the most part as well as behind the ears. ive had several tests conducted
ranging from a RNA viral load done at 10 weeks past expouser. negitive . my internist told me with this being negitive at 10 weeks past that it was almost impossiable for me to hiv ? this true at all?
negitive urine sample by amplified DNA for chlam. gon. trich.
negitive heb b and syphilis at 10 weeks
and heres the irony about 15 other HIV tests some elisa but mostly rapid tests oraquick and the rapid blood tests out to 9 months following this one time unprotected act. all tests have been negitive!!!
ive also had a negitive strep tests and a mono spot test.
approaching 10 months after I still have all the pea sized lymph nodes Ive mentioned above , sinus problems off and on, and red spots which appear on the insides of my mouth. bi lateral and then they dissappear with in a few days. im in college and have no insurence at the time. here are my questions.
1: ive been married for about 6 months now. my wife and I would like to have a child. at this point am I safe to concieve or should I wait for further testing?
2) is there any possiable way what I have or had was HIV? am I in the clear and woo hooable ?
3) well repeating myself but is there any chance that I have HIV? there has been NO other expousers. but we would like to have a child now if I am in the clear. just dont know please help.
4) is mono ruled out with the mono spot test I took? it was negitive.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Dude, you've had 15 negative ELISA/rapid tests out to nine months plus a negative HIV RNA PCR at 10 weeks and you're wondering if you need additional tests!?!?!?!? No, silly boy, of course not! You've had way, way, way too many already!
2. You are absolutely WOO-HOOable!
3. Yes, you're repeating yourself, so, consequently, so will I. You are absolutely WOO-HOOable! (Your chance of being HIV infected is exactly none, zero, zip, nada, zilch, bupkis! Let the baby making begin!)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.