Health Care worker that is very worried

I work in an emergency room department as an ER tech and one of my responsibilities is to clean the suture kits after use before they go to be sterilized. Well what happened was I was scrubbing down a pair of scissors that had been soaking in this disinfectant with all the other suture kits that hadnt been used in the last 8 to 12 hours and I had on 2 pairs of gloves but as I was scrubbing the scissors my hand slipped and poked through my glove causing a puncture in my skin. I bled a little bit. My question is how long can the hiv/aids virus live in water? There wasn't any blood on these scissors that I could see, so I was just wondering how at risk I was. I know there is always a risk, but Im really really scared because we don't know who these were used on. If you could please comment back I would appreciate It.

The HIV-acquisition risk from the occupational incident you describe is nonexistent.

fmr Heavyweight world boxing champion Tommy Morrison still boxing
Conservative Sex Ed and Now Im Worried