Do I have HIV? PLEASE help!

I know this is the standard "Do I have HIV" question and I know you are going to say to me "the only way to find out is get tested" But right now I cant calm my brain and I am feeling like ending it all as I am convinced I have HIV.

Please bear with me Dr. and read my story...

Had a HIV test done 28 months ago and came back negative. Since then.. was a FOOL and had unprotected sex with 3 women. 1 was 20 months ago. She recently had HIV test and was Negative. The 2nd I slept with 10 months ago - She had a test in Feb and was neg. the 3rd was in Feb and I dont know if she has had a test as I dont see her around anymore.

I have also had sex with 7 shemales ALL protected although they gave me a bowjob and it was I who pentrated them with a condom.

Anyway...

Feb I get a massive chest infection. Dr. thought he saw lesions on the lung. Another X-ray done a week later and all clear! Although it took 8 weeks to go.

I have herpes and normally have 4-5 outbreaks a year. I then had 5 basically in a row.

2 weeks after that I had shingles but not the rash the Dr. said it was possible it was under the skin but I never got the rash. That went after 4 weeks.

Then 2 weeks go by and my throat got swollen and my tonsil got infected. dr. told me it was bacterial or viral infection. it went after a few weeks.

a couple of weeks later and I get bad wind, nausea, stomach pains (no diarrhea). Dr. got concerned sent me for Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. All cam eback clear but positive for Helibactor Pylori. after 3 weeks stomach nasuea etc went.

2 weeks later I now get Hives and acne worsens on my back..

This is obvious right I am HIV +? Everytime I google these symptoms HIV crops up. I had a Complete Blood count done 6 weeks ago and all normal.

The Dermatologist today told me Hives is related to HIV and so is shingles.

I have far too many symptoms for it not to be HIV and I know you think I am being melodramatic but I just dont have much life in my now to carry on. I am starting to sink into serious depression and I just dont know whats the point anymore.

I cant bring myself to getting a HIV test because then when it's positive thats it, game over. I know I am going to die and I am certain I will end it all and top myself.

I dont want to know I have something thats gonna kill me. I just dont have the strength to carry on. I would rather just carry on with life use a condom for ever more ad maybe just maybe I can fantasise I dont have it and be happy. If I test and I am positive It will be a real slippery slope for me.

One Dr. I saw recently said my symptoms are not classic HIV as I had a normal CBC, I have not lost weight, etc. But then I read on the internet and it says the symptoms I have had ARE HIV. who is right? He told me that I was just over 2 years ago and to contract HIV and go to all these symptoms this early in is extremely unlikely.

Dr, what do you think? Far too many symptoms huh? Please be honest with me, I have it right? or the chances of this being HIV is very high right?

I know you get sick of answering these questions but I just cant take this anymore and I am going to lose my mind

Welcome to a very large club of unfortunate folks who don't have HIV, but remain absolutely convinced they are infected with the virus. Take a read through the archives. You'll find a surprising number of other anxious, depressed, guilt-ridden HIV-negative dudes getting ready for their swan dive off the Golden Gate Bridge. (See below)

To answer your specific questions:

1. "This is obvious right I am HIV+?" Wrong! Actually, I'm quite confident you are HIV negative.

2. "Shingles" without getting a rash is unusual and would be difficult to diagnose. Hives are incredibly common and the vast, vast, vast majority of cases have absolutely nothing to do with HIV.

3. "I have far too many symptoms for it not to be HIV . . . ." Really? And which medical school did you graduate from that allows you to make such a diagnosis?

4. ". . . and I know you think I am being melodramatic . . . ." Yep! There you and I are in complete agreement!

5. "I am starting to sink into serious depression . . . ." Again we agree!

6. ". . . maybe I can fantasize I don't have it and be happy." Yeah, right. You are the picture of happiness not knowing today. Do you think that's really going to improve with time? If so, think again! Time to get real buddy!

7. "If I test and I'm positive it will be a real slippery for me." Dude, you're already slip-sliding down a slippery slope faster than an Olympic slalom skier.

8. "Dr, what do you think? Far too many symptoms huh?" Sorry Charlie, you can't put words in my mouth. I remain confident you are HIV negative and your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV.

9. "Please be honest with me, I have it right?" I'm always honest and no matter how many times or different ways you try to convince me you are HIV positive, it doesn't change the reality of the situation. Facts are facts, no matter how scared, depressed, guilty or freaked out you are.

My advice is simple. You are clinically depressed and need the help of a psychiatrist. I'm not even going to tell you to get HIV tested, because that's not your main medical concern at the moment. You need psychiatric help to treat your depression and confront your unwarranted and irrational fears of being HIV infected. Once you have your depression, very significant medical problem, under control, you can then get an HIV test without all the melodrama. It will undoubtedly be negative and you'll then write a heartfelt note to me saying "Dr. Bob, guess what! I was HIV negative all along!" So I'm telling you now: I already have "guessed what!"

Oral sex with Prostitute- Wooooo hooooooo! Aug 21, 2008

Bob,

I plucked up the courage and went to get tested today. Yes i was considering suicide, with a positive result..i was that bad...looking for bridges...mode!

I went for a test today week 10 after contact, Quran in my hand,..did a rapid test...and come back Negative.

Bob, i truly truly thank you for your support....and just cannot emphasise how i feel.. i burst out crying at the drs....its been an emotional few weeks...i just panicked big time....

Please Please all practice safe sex...its the only way!!!

And if you do decide to to ORAL....DAMM make sure you use Dental Dams or latex...

Robert you are a superstar!! a godsend!! Keep up the fantastic advice.......

And i hope i can be one of your best examples..

Symptons 7 weeks after exposure to unprotected oral cunnilingus sex with HIGH RISK DRUG TAKING PROSTITUTE IN PAKISTAN WHO ALSO WAS also insisting no condom sex..

-Flu SYmptons included

-White toungue

- Drenching Sweats at night. also weird day time sweat break outs

- Sore Neck, throbbing lymph node on front neck...sensitive.. could not bend neck forward, was spasms, could feel something tender.

-Difficult swallowing food

-Complete loss of appetite

-Nausea big time

- General feeling of being unwell

- Clicking joints, back ache, could not walk yesterday....

- Dizziness,

- sore throat, chesty cough 6 weeks, persistant...

- blocked ears, back of head aching

- insomnia, due to blocked sinuses flu symptons!

i hope i can be another example of someone who has mentally freaked out by using symptons as indications...

GET A BLOOD TEST, PUT YOUR MIND AT EASE....

I WAS GOING TO JUMP INFRONT OF A TRAIN, OR OF A BRIDGE, TODAY...I WAS SERIOUS!

GOD IS GREAT, BOB IS GREAT!

BE SAFE ALL!!!

I WANT TO WORK FOR AN AIDS CHARITY..REALLY DO!

Congratulations and WOO-HOO. Thanks for writing back and sharing your good news. I hope others will learn from your experience and thereby avoid jumping in front of trains. (It's so messy and much hurt like hell!)

Oral sex with Prostitute- Wooooo hooooooo!
still scared