Follow up to 6 and 8-week test accuracy from Oral Sex...

Dr Bob, I have just donated to your foundation, and feel honored to assist any way I can. I appreciate your response to my previous post regarding my triple blowjobs over a weekend. I cannot say that I am proud of my antics, but alas, they are in the past. I also fully support your notion to not trust the self-reports of people's HIV status. In regards to my specific case, I have a question regarding the symptoms I described. Is it true that lymph adenopathy associated with HIV acute retroviral syndrome is generalized and non-painful? Seeing that I had swollen lymph nodes in the neck, one one the right, and one on the left, where one was sore to the touch, would you generally not associate my symptoms with HIV ARS??? I did NOT have swollen nodes in the groin or armpits, or anywhere else that could be felt. My other symptoms consisted of sore throat, a slight headache, fever, and fatigue. I do intend on getting one last conclusive HIV test, even though 3-months has already passed. Like I said, I am a huge hypochondriac. As a child, when Ryan White and Magic Johnson were in the news, I thought I had HIV whenever I got a stomach ache... It is rather annoying both to me, and those around me... Anyway, thanks for all that you do, and I hope you are well. :-)

-David

Hi David,

Thanks for your thanks and your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated.

Regarding HIV-associated lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes), yes, in general they would be generalized (multiple locations on both sides of the body) and not painful (depending on location and how much someone mashes on them, some discomfort could be present).

You've correctly identified your longstanding problem as hypochondria. You also have some insight into your problem, realizing, at least in retrospect, that your HIV fears are irrational and unwarranted, going back many years. You do not need additional HIV testing; however, you could very well benefit from psychological counseling to help you confront and conquer your irrational fears. It's the best way to stop being annoying to yourself and others!

Be well David.

Cash for better treatment?
hiv-2 detectability (HIV-2) (HIV-2 TESTING)