dr. bob please please answer

Hi dr. bob !..i really hate to repeat myself as ive asked u this question many times before but u havent been able to answer me yet. the only reason y i keep asking u for reassurance is because i am reading such mixed responses from all over and i value ur opinion so much. my question was dealign with kissing which i know is pretty much a no risk behavior, butt i am completely freaked out now because for some reason i decided to spit after i kissed(open mouth)this guy on and off for about an hour and noticed a few specs of blood in my saliva. i have good hygeine and i kno he does for the most part. i have no idea if he had a cut or if it was my own blood or how this even happened. but can u please tell me the risk of mouth transmission if it was his..i was told from a reliable source, i wont mention the website, that your mouth absorbs things and that it is a risk. Mostly everyone else says that it is not a risk unless you both have bleeding cuts and they somehow touch eachother. and then theres the others who say even if you have an "invisible" cut it can get transmit it. i am a nervous wreck please tell me what you think. i am definitely sending a donation as i respect all the work you do for others. what is the website again? thanks, nervous grl in NY

Hello Nervous Girl in NY,

Your risk of acquiring HIV from noticing "a few specs of blood" in your spit following an "on and off for about an hour" session of lip-lock with a hottie of unknown HIV serostatus is so remote it is essentially nonexistent. Your fears are unwarranted. However, and this applies to all forum readers, if you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. It really is just that straightforward. Personally, I don't feel you need HIV testing and I'm very confident if you do get tested, the results will be negative.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return, I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma.

Be well. (I'm quite sure you are indeed well!)

One night stand (Pre cum)- Extremely Worried :(
"HIV Carrier"