rapid test negative, EIA/WB indeterminate

Against my better judgement, I had unprotected sex with a SW. At 5 weeks after the incident, I went to the county health dept and they drew blood for the EIA test. After a month of waiting, they told me the results were indeterminate. I then (10 weeks after the incident) went to a facility that does rapid tests and the results were negative. I took another rapid test at 15 weeks and it was also negative. My question is, should I be concerned about the first test being indeterminate, or should I take solace in the 10 week and 15 week rapid test results?

You are HIV negative. I'll make several quick points:

1. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive or conclusive.

2. An indeterminate HIV-screening test followed by a negative test (or, in your case, two negative tests) is conclusive evidence that you are HIV negative.

3. Should you be concerned about the first indeterminate test? Nope! You should rely entirely on your two negative tests taken outside the window period and yell WOO-HOO!

You can read much more about HIV testing in general as well as indeterminate test results in the archives of this forum in the chapter entitled "HIV Testing/Test Results." Have a look!

Be well. Stay well. Stay safe.

STUPID PORN STAR MOMENT....REVISITED
Really concerned about reinfection (SUPERINFECTION, DUAL INFECTION, 2008)