Conclusive Test

I had unprotected vaginal intercourse in March of this year. After much mental anguish, I finally took a Rapid Orasure Advance Oral Swab at exactly 12 weeks and the results came back negative. However, I still worry about silly things like was the test flawed? Did I test too soon? (Some say up to six months and I even dwell on the 12/13 week comment I see frequently) Did she touch my cheek with the swab? I can't seem to escape the battle in my mind. Any advice?

Your negative OraQuick Advance® Rapid HIV-1/2 Antibody Test at 12 weeks is conclusive. You correctly identified your real problem as "mental anguish" and that you "can't seem to escape the battle in my mind." BINGO! There's your problem and that is where you need to focus your treatment and interventions. You need psychological counseling to help you confront and conquer your guilt and irrational fears of being HIV infected. In other words, your problem is psychological, not virological!

Horrible lapse in judgement with sexworker (CONDOM SLIPPED 2008)
nail polish fears laid to rest