STUPID PORN STAR MOMENT...AGAIN

Dr. F, I know you are busy with this question and tire of it, but my wife spends every day checking your column and both of us would be more at ease if you could please answer, as previously stated; " should I still get tested based on my previous question, which in a nutshell was " I blew a guy in a video store, he did not ejaculate and he was going from hard to semi hard as he was nervous about getting caught, I did deepthroat him about 4 times, on the drive home I noticed a white bump on the inside of my lower lip, it wasn't open, or weeping or sore, it just looked like a whitehead. In any case, having a supportive spouse really helps we've read your archives together...THANK YOU, but just so she and I can finally put the issue to rest...as a health worker and dear online friend, do you recommend me getting tested based on the above?"

Stupid husband.

Hello Porn Star Wannabe,

Oral sex carries only a small risk of HIV transmission/acquisition. Because this is obviously a worrisome issue for you and your wife, the best way to put your concerns permanently to rest is to get an HIV-antibody test (ELISA, EIA, rapid test) at the three-month mark.

I'm delighted your wife is being supportive. BRAVO! However, if you are deep-throating dudes in video stores, I would suggest couples counseling to explore issues of sexual orientation. Just promising not to do it again won't change your sexual orientation. I very strongly doubt you have a problem with HIV related to this wham-bam-thank-you-Sam experience. However, I do see some red flags waving, which might again evolve into rainbow-colored flags in the future. Honesty, including being honest with yourself, is key. Couples counseling could help.

Need a Private doctor
Western blot after Rapid Negative Result