re: Magic's Wife

5 year, 60 million dollar public service campaign? Is that what you call it?

lets be real... ISTANDWITHMAGIC is an ad campaign for a company that makes aids drugs. Call it a hunch that they do very little in prevention, but encourage testing.... They WANT as many people as possible to be infected and exposed so that their customer base will grow.

hey, i think people should be tested too,... but lets not pin a medal on Magic. He's a company shill.

Actually, I am being real. Perhaps you need to be a bit more realistic! Blacks make up 13% of the U.S. population, but account for over 50% of the new cases of HIV. The incidence rate among blacks is seven times as high as the rate among whites. The Magic Johnson Foundation has partnered with Abbott Pharmaceuticals to establish "The Campaign to End Black HIV/AIDS." They provide communities at risk with information and resources for prevention and testing and educational materials to share with family and friends.

If indeed you "think people should be tested," how could you not support a program such as this?? Magic and Cookie are making a difference. Yes, some pharmaceutical money is behind it. And why shouldn't it be? Over 25% of HIV-positive Americans have absolutely no idea they are infected. If this campaign helps to get people tested, certainly the number of people needing antiretrovirals would obviously increase. But, this is a win-win-win situation. Sure, the drug company sells more drug, but it's only sold to folks who need it. Remember, these drugs are life sustaining. If we identify more HIV-positives and get them on appropriate treatment, the risk they will transmit the virus to others decreases. If this type of effort doesn't merit a medal, I'm not sure what does. By the way, what have you personally done to battle the epidemic???

Why not become part of the solution and join the fight against the pandemic, rather than inappropriately criticizing those who are actually doing the battling?!?! I, for one, am proud to stand with Magic!

Magic Johnson's his wife Aug 11, 2008

To Whom It May Concern,

My friend who has a HIV diagnosed since 1993. We want to know what become of Magic Johnson's wife Cookie, Does she have a HIV [they are married] and have children. Is their children have HIV?

Thank you for answer my question would be deeply highly appreciate and very helpful, meaning a lot to both of us.

Colleen simsa

Hi Colleen,

To whom it may concern??? Well, since I'm the only one here, I guess that means me!

Cookie Johnson is HIV negative, as are Magic and Cookie's kids. She was two-months pregnant when Magic tested HIV positive in 1991. This is dramatic proof that not all HIV exposures lead to HIV transmission!

Cookie, who has been rather publicity-shy in the past, is now emerging as a spokeswoman in a campaign urging black women to get HIV tested. She is appearing with Magic in a five-year $60 million public service campaign with ads directed by moviemaker Spike Lee.

HIV PCR RNA test result
Smoking Lungs