Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

lower case woo hoo
Aug 11, 2008

I know you reserve WHOO HOO ing for, among others, those OCD cases who are convinced they've been infected after some non existent exposure. Don't be offended but I reserve reading your part of the web site when I need a good dose of laughter. I have been poz about three years and have a complicated mutation pattern. I was paranoid that there wouldn't be a regimen that would work for me. Started HAART about 6 months ago, and am doing fine with it and best of all am UNDETECTABLE. Can I request permission for a small woohoo? Your down to earth approach to this disease and sense of humor kept me going during some of the most difficult times of the past three years.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey there Undetectable-Guy,

Can you lower-case woo-hoo??? Absofrickinlutely! In fact, I recently switched my antiretroviral regimen and just got my first plasma HIV viral load back on this new combo and I'm undetectable as well. So I'm definitely in a woo-hoo mood myself. In fact, I feel perfectly justified in not only bumping us up to upper case, but also adding a touch of cosmic fabulosity to our full-throated expression of joy. So here we go . . . one, two, three . . . WOOOOO-HOOOOO-YABBA-DABBA-DOOOOO!!! Hmmmm, that felt great, didn't it?!?!

Stay well Undetectable Guy. You'll always be upper case in my book. Let's get through this together, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
steam room masturbation
Next
problem with vaccine

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.