The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Aug 11, 2008

Dear Dr. Frascino:

I have had unprotected anal sex with an HIV positive person five and a half months ago. After a few months he discovered he was hiv+. (I know what you are going to say.. and I should have know better, thank you for the slap) I tested four moths ago and I was found non reactive by elisa and rapid hiv test.

DO you think I should get tested again at the six months mark being the fact that this was an HIV+ person or do you think I could leave this behind me and move on in life.

I also want to get educated on HIV matters and find out what can I do to help. I dont have lots money but lots of will and have always belived the world can be change by changing ourselves first... which indeed...Ive started working on that...

Lots of blessings to you for being guidance in a world plaged by ignorance.

Response from Dr. Frascino


And I hope that "SLAP" did sting a bit!

Since you've had a significant exposure to a partner confirmed to be HIV positive, the CDC recommends HIV-antibody testing at the three- and six-month mark.

I applaud your efforts to get informed and make a difference. Think globally and act locally. I, too, believe one person can change the world. (It happens all the time!)

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Variant of the Fingering Question
dekuji moc krat=)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint