Is this common?

So I took a blood test with LABCORP..it was negative!! Woo hoo!! BUT.. Is it common with someone with anxiety to worry about the needle being used to draw the blood? Instead of being 100% happy with my results, I feel like I'm at round 1 again. I asked the guy doing the blood test at labcorp, if the needles where sterile. He said "no, nothing is sterile, everything is new." But for some reason I can't get the idea out of my head that he used a used needle. I can't sleep all over again. I feel like a crazy person :( What do you think my problem is, I mean, is this common. And is possible to even get infected from drawing blood? Isn't it different than injecting something INTO your vein, not taking blood OUT? Please help. You're the only one in my life that I can talk to this about. Everyone is tired of my anxieties and I try to tell them, I can't help it. No seems to understand. Thank you. You're my angel :)

Is it common? Well it's not all that uncommon. Take a read through the archives and you'll find others who have similar completely unwarranted, irrational fears about becoming HIV infected from getting an HIV test.

You state, "I feel like a crazy person . . ." and "everyone is tired of my anxieties . . . ." BINGO! You've diagnosed your own problem. You need psychological/psychiatric help in confronting and conquering your irrational fears and anxieties. Unfortunately, neither I nor your friends can be your therapist. You need to seek the help of a psychiatrist. Living with such panic and paranoia can't be easy. I urge you to get the help you so desperately need. It really is the pathway back to health and happiness.

Can I officially WOO-HOO?!
Guy from the Philippines