|to the redundant department of redundancy
Aug 10, 2008
I know you get alot of these,I did this and now feel like this, is it hiv? I saw me in alot of questions and thank you for your answers. I am dealing with anxiety over possibly having unprotected sex outside of my marriage five weeks ago. Now I have experienced every possible symptom since one week post you can imagine(actually from detox I think) But my groin still hurts,glands eveywhere I think sore throat, low grade fever, bowel troubles, upset stomach, etc. Now he has said we did nothing and I just don't know I do not want to give this to anyone else etc.,same as everyone else I scan looking for an answer and obsess over hiv instead of tackling my real problems. Again thanks and yes I will test to put it behind me ,though I am not sure it truely will. Sorry just needed to write it down, get it out so to speak. it helps
| Response from Dr. Frascino
I think you have excellent insight into your problems and know exactly what needs to be done. Consequently, I'll be brief, as the Department of Redundancy Department has indeed posted posted these these exact exact recommendations recommendations over and over again again.
1. Level with your spouse. It's not only the best way to confront your anxiety and guilt; it's also the right thing to do.
2. Get an HIV test at the three-month mark. Use latex condoms with your wife until you can confirm your HIV-negative status.
3. Clean up your act! Whatever you are abusing, get help to get and stay clean and sober. In other words, stop being like "everyone else looking for an answer and obsessing over HIV instead of tackling (your) real problems!"
Good luck. And that does indeed bear repeating, so "good luck good luck!"
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If The Viral Load Is Zero Does That Mean You Have Cleared The Hepatitis C Virus?
- Would Herpes Show Up As Just One Sore
- When Does Herpes Appear After Becoming Infected?
- What Population Is Most At Risk In Getting Chlamydia?
- What Is The Incubation Period For Herpes 1 And 2?
- What Does Herpes Simplex Type 1 Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.