Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I like bush
Aug 10, 2008

I like bush, the things he has done, not all but few! If you and all others dont like him, fine, i respect that, but dont make fun of him on these forums...

When someone makes fun of you or questions you on your sexuality, you feel the pain, so would others when you continue make fun of them!!!

Now dont laugh this off, these boards are for HIV education and not your ticket to 'obamaise' it or us to know what you feel about bush and his administration...

Respect others bob... dont just make fun and exercise your freedom in the wrong way!!! and allow people laugh on USA, by stripping its political rhapsody out naked on the internet

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

". . . Stripping its political rhapsody out naked on the internet . . . ." WHAT? I have absolutely no idea what that even means. When I read the title of your post, "I like bush" (with a lower-case "b"), I was hopeful you were merely announcing that you were a lesbian. No such luck! Instead you state you actually like the incompetent rodeo clown currently occupying the White House and that you like a "few" of the things he's done. Well, I suppose, given the law of averages, over eight years he must have gotten something right. But for the life of me, I can't seem to think what it might be. Iraq? Definitely not. The economy? Obviously not. The environment? Disastrously not. Human rights/torture? Shamefully not.

I don't have to make fun of Dubya. After all every time the guy opens his mouth he makes a travesty of the English language which turns out to be a laugh riot for those of us listening. You have heard him try to speak, haven't you? Now come on, it's really pathetically funny, right? As for respecting Dubya's rights, let me know if you want the laundry list of ways he's limited my rights as an HIV-positive gay American. Yes, this is an HIV forum, which means Dubya's policies are indeed fair game. Shall we talk about the HIV-travel ban? Abstinence-only sex education? The disastrous and ineffective federal HIV-prevention efforts here in the U.S.? Federal AIDS funding for domestic HIV/AIDS programs???? Yes, I appreciate the increase in funding for PEPFAR (the Democratic congress approved more than Dubya asked for, by the way). The Democratic congress was also able to eliminate some, but unfortunately not all, of the moralistic, unscientific and anti-common sense strings that Dubya attached to the funds. American taxpayers need to know that as a result of Bush's personal feelings and lobbying by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, several vital measures that would have saved thousands of lives were stripped from the bill. For example, vital family planning services that would have prevented many mother-to-child HIV transmissions. They also continued the anti-prostitution pledge, further marginalizing sex workers, an extremely high-risk group. Dubya's anti-science, narrow-minded, way-out-of-the-mainstream beliefs are costing lives. Come to think of it, you're right. It's not at all funny. It's tragic and morally reprehensible. It also helps solidify "W" as the "worst" president we have ever had to endure. I don't' envy future President Obama as he attempts to undo the catastrophic consequences of Bush's "Reign of Error."

Dr. Bob

Previous
Effects on Endurance Sports
Next
DOUBTS

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.