|Effects on Endurance Sports
Aug 10, 2008
I would like to keep it simple, how would hiv health status effect a person in endurance event such as such Iron man, mountaineering, or ultra marathon.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Simply being HIV positive would not affect sports performance, even endurance sports. However, as with any disease, the severity of an illness could affect activity level. Since the Olympic Games are presently in process, remember there have been Olympic medal winners who were HIV positive. Greg Louganis is an example. So lace up those Pumas, David and hit the trail!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.