HIV Risk

Dear Dr,

I have recently visited a Massage parlour in Bangkok, which I didnt realise was in fact a brothel. After I arrived, since i was under immense pressure to do something i choose to take simply a normal oil massage. While massaging me, the massage girl which to me looked like a high risk sex worker, sat on my lap for no bloody reason. In two monutes, to my horror i found out her period blood stained my underwear by an inch! I was shocked and she was embarrased! So she went out to clean the stain on my undie and in fact when she brought it back I saw no stain what so ever anymore. Then i wore it and ran off thanking God. but later on I started worrying what if HIV virus touched the tip of my penis and infected me?? I wore the underwear for about 1 hour 30 minutes before I got changed. During this time i was mindful of not touching the tip of my penise with the wet section in the underwear. What are my chances of contracting HIV? For your info, I have not had sex at all.

You've never had sex and wound up in a massage parlor in Bangkok??? Yep, chances were pretty good you weren't going to leave that place with your virginity intact! After all, Bangkok can be pronounced "bang-cock," right? Your HIV-acquisition risk from the events you describe is nonexistent. And against all odds, you appear to have escaped without having sex (or a massage, I might add). You can relax. No harm has been done. Even your tighty whities came clean! To decrease your anxieties surrounding sex and HIV transmission, I would recommend you peruse the wealth of information on this site, particularly in the archives of this forum. We have entire chapters dedicated to sexual HIV transmission, sexual HIV prevention, safer sexual techniques, oral sex, etc., etc.

Stay safe. Stay well and remember to always be prepared for safer sex. (After all, your next trip might be to Phuket, which, of course, can be mispronounced as . . . .)

oral candidiasis
obama and stem cell treatment