oral candidiasis

Dr BOB: i need your advice,the question is the following :i realized a fingering on may 2007,i realized ELISA tests at 3,4,5 and 7 months,all of them negative.I was diagnosed with oral candidiasis 2 months after fingering,it means august 2007 , one month before first test at 3 months mark.Is oral candidiasis relevant,important for the tests i had at 3,4,5,and 7 months mark,all of them negative ?.Is it posible oral candidiasis may change the results of the tests,that is my question.I admire you,i am sending dollars 150 for your foundation.I hope you are fine,i send my best wishes to you.

Diego.

Hola Diego,

Oral candidiasis would not affect the accuracy of HIV-screening tests. Your negative ELISA tests at three, four, five and seven months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem and HIV is not the cause of your candidiasis. I can't diagnose the exact cause over the Internet, but I can, with great certainty, advise you that you don't have to worry about HIV being the culprit.

Fingering is not considered a significant HIV-transmission/acquisition risk, assuming the skin on your fingers is intact.

Thank you for your generous donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Your one gift will touch many lives.

Be well. Stay well.

Im totally freaked out
HIV Risk