inquiry about Rapid Tridot Test

Sir,

My frined's son has been tested HIV + by his employer in the middel east and is being deported back. We have been advised by our general physician to get Tridot test done. Please explain what is this Tridot Test and where in Mumbai should we get it done. What if the test shows positive results?. I am in great stress and kindly advise and help.

That a country is deporting your son because he tested HIV positive is shameful and immoral. The country that is doing this is living in a fantasy world if it thinks this is a way to cope with the HIV pandemic.

The Tridot test is an HIV-antibody test. Testing positive would indicate acquisition of HIV. It is a routine HIV-screening test. I will repost below some information from an excellent friend of mine that concerns where to get accurate HIV screening performed in Mumbai. If the HIV antibody test is positive, you should consult an HIV specialist. If your son is returning home, he definitely should consult an HIV specialist to confirm his HIV status and provide additional evaluation of possible immune system damage (CD4 count) and viral activity (HIV plasma viral load).

You can learn much more about HIV testing and what to do if you or your son are indeed HIV positive by reviewing the wealth of information on this site. Begin by reviewing the information on The Body's homepage under Quick Links heading. There you will find chapters on recent diagnoses and HIV testing.

Good luck to both you and your son. And shame on the Middle Eastern country for its deplorable and discriminatory attitude toward HIV/AIDS.

RESPONSE TO THE POST: Worried about HIV infection query from India Apr 23, 2008

Dr Bob...

Worried indian female again..... how r u ? hope your doing well.... just read this post from india, please post my mail since i wanted to suggest that if this person is based out of Mumnai city then he should go for a definative conclusive test to either the Ranbaxy lab thats located in Andheri or any of the Metropolis labs in the city they are the best testing centres here in mumbai with the latest kits. Also for this persons info all other labs also have the recent kits but for tests like Dna pcr's , rna pcr's these small labs send them to either ranbaxy or metropolis to run these tests.

Pls post so that he can put his worries to rest after testing at these gold standard labs here.

thanks, keep smiling

your the best

love u

worried indian female.

Hi Worried Indian Female,

Many thanks for forwarding the information!

Be well!

Stripper Bled on the Carpet
VD Question!