I am not doing well

Hello Dr. Bob, long time fan writing in. I am currently going for help in regards to my mental problems. For the longest time I have feared diseases. Mainly HIV, and Hep C. But also, others. This has ended my sexual life for the moment. I wanted to know if you can review my testing history. If you think I am alright, I can print out your response and keep it. My psychiatrist said if you think I am ok, and I have something in writing, I can look at it, and remind myself that I am ok. Would you mind helping out a worried young man?

This is my testing history:

3 months after risk: Hepatitis C and HIV antibody testing both came back Negative!

19 weeks after risk: HCV RNA PCR QUALITATIVE came back "Not Detected" HIV antibody was negative.

24 weeks after risk: HCV Quantasure Plus (Serial) <10 Iu/mL. HCV log 10: Unable to calculate result since non-numeric result obtained for component test.

24 weeks HIV antibody test was negative.

So if you were my personal doctor....would you say that I am in the clear? Should I possibly worry about HIV or Hepatitis C? (And with all those weird cases included!)

You really are a personal hero of mine. I have you ranked in the "kind" and "giving" category....you are in the top 5.

Thanks

Hello Worried Young Man,

I'd be delighted to help; particularly because I can see you are well on your way to conquering your totally irrational fears surrounding HIV, hepatitis C and the "others!" Recognizing and believing you have a problem is the first giant step. The second is actually getting the psychiatric help you need to ultimately confront and conquer these unwarranted fears and anxieties. You have accomplished these two difficult steps! BRAVO!

Regarding your testing history, your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to 24 weeks plus your two undetectable HCV-RNA PCR results are definitive and conclusive. You are HIV and hepatitis C negative. You now have overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that HIV and hepatitis C are not your problem. No way. No how!

Would I say you are in the clear? Absofrickinlutely!

Should you worry about HIV, hepatitis C and "all those weird cases?" No, absofrickinlutely not!

Continue to work closely with your psychiatrist. I'm absolutely confident you'll soon gain control over your unwarranted fears.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, indeed, you are well, well, well!!!)

THANK YOU
Stripper Bled on the Carpet