Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

THANK YOU
Aug 8, 2008

Dear Dr. Bob, thank you for the advice. I got my test results today - everything was clean (everything including STDs). So my worry about a leaking condom was unwarranted! But thank you for always reminding us we have a choice - to get tested, to use a condom, to get medication. I am now turning my attention back to people who don't have any choice. Women in Africa - no choice over protection, no choice over testing or not and certainly no choice on which medications to take. Many are ostracised and the cycle of poverty really does have a womans face. I will remind myself of your courage and hope every time I go to the field to face such women. And I hope we can all push for better, cheaper interventions if not a cure!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Congratulations and WOO-HOO!!! I can assure you the 26,000 people presently attending the International AIDS Conference in Mexico City are in total agreement with you. The conference theme is "Universal Action Now!" (Acción Universal ¡Ya!), which highlights the importance of improving prevention, decreasing gender inequality and providing those at risk options for staying safe. There are many brave, courageous women from Africa attending this conference, some are HIV positive, others are not. I have learned much from these smiling, compassionate and underprivileged souls. My foundation is going to make a special effort to address some of their specific HIV/AIDS awareness, education and prevention needs this year.

Be well. If we all work together, we really can change the world. And much desperately needs to be changed!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Weird question?
Next
I am not doing well

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.