public swimming pools
Aug 8, 2008
If a person who is HIV positive bleeds in a swimming pool, can another swimmer become infected with HIV if he or she swallows some pool water with that blood or has an open sore?
Response from Dr. Frascino
The short answer to your question is "no." The longer answer is "nope!"
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts In Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.