public swimming pools
Aug 8, 2008
If a person who is HIV positive bleeds in a swimming pool, can another swimmer become infected with HIV if he or she swallows some pool water with that blood or has an open sore?
Response from Dr. Frascino
The short answer to your question is "no." The longer answer is "nope!"
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv From Sucking On Nipples?
- How Long After Exposure Can A Hepatitis C Test Be Positive?
- Where On The Body Can Shingles Break Out?
- What Is There That Has Symptoms Similar To Genital Herpes?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.