The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please help me. I feel helpless.

Aug 4, 2008

Dear Dr.Bob, I am from China, and I don't know how much times I need to post my questions until you can answer me, Thank you very much when you can read it.I am so anxiety, because I drank one cup of tea which is possible there are two drops of blood inside. I remember the tea was 70-80 degree Celsius and almost 100 ml. and after 2-5 minutes the blood was droped inside, I drank it time by time. Could you please tell me how much risk to be infected HIV. I am sorry for this story, I know it sounds silly. but please help to and tell me when it really happened. I stay with my family and my baby who is just half years old. Please help me. Dr.Bob, and on two weeks I tested Elisa 4 generation and get Negative. how much risk I still have? Thank you very much.

Response from Dr. Frascino


I had not responded to your previous posts, because I've addressed many similar questions in the past. Have a look in the archives!

Briefly, your fears and anxiety are completely unwarranted. Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. HIV testing is not warranted or recommended. I would suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site, paying particular attention to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Dr. Bob

3rd time asking! Please answer! Worried mom!
I've only tested once!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint