3rd time asking! Please answer! Worried mom!

This is my third attempt to get an answer to my question. I've searched the archives and cannot find a similar question. I've been worried about my eight year old son for over two months now. His ENT put a flexible nasal scope into his nose to look at his adenoids and to check to see if his speech would be effected if part of his adenoids were removed. The ENT washed the nasal scope with tap water before inserting it into my son's nose. The ENT did not wear gloves (didn't think much about it at the time since I've had other doctors not wear gloves when examining my children). 11 days later my son had a one day fever (under 101.4 degrees and controlled by motrin) and vomited 3x that same day, followed by 2 days of diarrehia. I would like to know if this timeframe with these symptoms of one day duration of fever and vomiting followed by diarrehia are indicative of ARS acute infection. I couldn't tell you if his throat was infected at all (he said it wasn't sore), since chronic huge tonsils and adenoids are what we went to the ENT for in the first place. I've thought about having him tested, but hate to put him through a blood draw. I can't get the "what if's" out of my mind. What if the doctor's hands were dirty? What if the original tube that holds the scope didn't have enough disinfectant in it, or it wasn't in long enough? Has there been any documented cases like this before? You know, the whole entire worrying process!!!!!!!!! Your honest opinion would mean a lot to me.

Thank you very much for your time, and all the good work you do here. Worry Mom

Hello Worry Mom,

Your fears are completely unwarranted and your "what ifs" are totally irrational. HIV testing is not recommended or warranted. This fixation on and fear of HIV infection is your problem, and really has nothing to do with your son's health! If you can't get the "what ifs" out of your head, you need to see a head doctor! Counseling may well help you realize your fears are completely unfounded.

15 years on, would the immune system show anything up?
Please help me. I feel helpless.