Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please adivce, Risk of Transmission - nude bar
Aug 3, 2008

Dear Dr. Bob.,

I havent heard back from you regarding my question about the risk of transmission via close proximity of mouth/lips, nose to a womens genitals. On May 20th I had visited a nude dance club and my lips/nose/mouth came very very very close to the dancers nude genitals as I was standing close to the elevated dance floor . There was NO contact though. It happened multiple times with 4-5 different dancers. About two weeks later, I saw a burining rash around my lips and was subsequently diagnosed with HSV-1 (herpes simples). Anti-body test for HIV, Syphilis and HSV-2 were negative post 13 days after the incident.

Heres my concern doc., please advice. I had taken HIV proviral DNA test post 2 months after the incident and it came back negative. Do I still need to be worried? I am scheduled to take a EIA (ELISA) in one month (3-months post incident) to put an end to my anxiety cause I have been experiencing crazy symptoms like joint pains (all my joints...knees, ankles, elbows, shoulders, wrists) stiffness in the neck, cold sores etc. My doctor not to worry as there was no oral-genital ocontact but I keep getting these symptom. Please advice. Do you think HIV transmission is possible that way. I know I need to stop worrying as there was no contact. But if there was no contact., how did I get HSV 1? I never had itever as far as my recollection goes, this is the first time I got cold sores. I am 29 year old male. By the way, that night, I was sipping beer for a bottle but was not drunk. Your insight into this matter will be very much appreciated in word and deed (in form of donation). Thanks a lot for your service in advance. Regards...,

J

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello J,

"Do I still need to be worried?" Hell no. You never needed to be worried. Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent. HIV cannot fly, jump or magically teleport itself from a stripper's silicone-enhanced ta-tas onto your "lips/nose/mouth"! No way. No how.

HIV testing was never warranted in the first place and still isn't!

I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. However, I can with great certainty tell you what's not causing the: It's not HIV!!!

As for your HSV-1 infection, this is an extremely common infection you must have picked up elsewhere. It has nothing to do with the untouched strippers or with HIV, OK?

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stop worrying!

Dr. Bob

Previous
I'm amazed!!
Next
Licking Panties (PANTY PARANOIA) (PANTIES, 2008)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.