HIV-1 proviral DNA by PCR

This is the description of a $260 test on Private MD Labs's website. Is this a good early detection test? The company says its conclusive at 28 days. So I'm asking did I waste my $260 by taking this test at 16 days post incident? Would it be a waste at 28 days? If so please post to save the ignorant, desperate and worried wells from these Internet vultures.

Qualitative DNA PCR is used to detect cell-associated proviral DNA. The test is not considered to be sufficiently accurate for making an HIV diagnosis without confirmation and is not FDA approved for this use. However, it can be helpful to sort out unclear or indeterminate HIV-antibody test results.

For routine HIV screening, the recommendation remains for HIV-antibody testing at the three-month mark.

re: What is the funniest question ever???? (STRANGEST BUT TRUEST POSTS of 2007)
Repeat, Sorry, Dr!