worrid well!

I had unprotected sex with a man 10yrs ago then shortly after this experience met the love of my life and have been with him ever since. I started worrying I had HIV about 3 years later when I suddenly got shingles at the age of 34. When I thought about HIV symptoms I remembered that I developed both oral and vaginal thrush about a month after my unprotected experience and then went on to develop graves disease about 4 months after. When I checked out all 3 symptoms they all pointed to HIV!! I have gone through the past 6-7 yrs wondering on and off and serching the internet to check if I had contracted HIV. I was too worrid to have a HIV test. Today I got my test results and it was negative (I had to have the test routine as part of investigations for infertility), this once again goes to show that you should never ever just look at the symptoms and persume you have HIV but go and get a test - I wish I had have done 6yrs ago, this would have saved me a lot of worry. Thank you for such a wonderful site and all the work and reassurance that each and everyone of you give us. I may not be checking in with you so often but will never forget the advise you offer. JO xx

Hi Jo,

Thanks for taking the time to write and share your story. Hopefully, it will help others trapped in their own self-inflicted, worried-well hell to finally get tested!

I would ask one favor: Please help our HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention effort by "paying it forward." That means take what you've learned here and through your own 10-year experience and share that information with others: friends, family, lovers, colleagues, the PTA, whomever! We need your help to get the word out.

Be well. Stay well.

Travel to New York
why don't you ever recommend the RNA tests?