worried mom

Hi Dr. Bob, I am the worried mom that wrote to you concerning my daughters blood test in which the nurse already had the needle out of the packaging before we came into the room. Well you responded that her risk was nonexistent and I did feel better for a short time , unfortunately this continues to nag at me.I realize that it is something I'm going to have to live with because no doctor in the world is going to test her based on what I have to say. Anyway I am not really asking you to respond any differently than before but rather I am here for other reasons. I was recently on vacation and had a lot of time to think. I am so sad that there are so many innocent people with this horrible disease...I knew of two people in my life personally. Then I also see you, someone with a big heart, answering all these questions when you yourself have this disease to deal with.I pray for a cure soon. Thank you again for all your good deeds and I wish you luck.........worried mom

Hi Worried Mom,

I'm glad you are beginning to realize that your worries are really your problem, not your daughters! She's absolutely fine, but you continue to have some nagging concerns that are unwarranted (and irrational). Continue to work on those fears and, if necessary, even consider counseling.

Thanks for your comments. As for "innocent people" with HIV/AIDS, I sincerely feel all 33,000,000 of us are innocent. Whether the virus found us via an occupational exposure, during childbirth from an infected mother or in a relationship between two people who thought they were in love, I can assure you that no one who has this illness wanted it.

Thanks for your good wishes and prayers.

Can I get HIV from boob sex?
The begining of HIV or HTLV-III.