Thank you!

Hi Dr. Bob, I wanted to follow up your response to my question with a very warm heart felt "Thank You!" I had a follow up visit with the surgeon today and he said there were no internal warts ( I was thinking it might have been possible bc of the toy ) and there was less there than he originally thought. I didn't mention in the first question that there were two hemmorhoid remains (is that correct?) that were also removed. I was wondering if the low cal diet, stress and two months of straining could have caused the development of the warts. Since the girl I was dating and I broke up in mid February I have only had oral sex a few times. I had donated blood about a week before I discovered the growths - about 3 1/2 weeks after last time I had oral sex. I freaked out and wondered if I should have called the blood bank. I don't ever want to hurt someone - I donated blood to help not hurt. I guess this entire conversation should have been prefaced with a brief description of what happened. When I noticed the growth, July 3rd - I called my doctor but he was in Greece until late July. I am not a person that can wait on something like this so I called my old doctor from years ago and he was busy but someone in the same office was available. I had never met the guy - I thought I might have a hemmorhoid - he looked at me for about 15 seconds and said it isn't a hemmorhoid you have an anal wart. He didn't answer any of my questions - the only thing he said is that I need to see a surgeon there is nothing he could do for me. He said if I had a wart that I probably had other diseases as well. He said the only way a person gets a wart on their butt is if they have had anal sex. I told him that I didn't do that and dated a girl that told me months after we were together that she had HPV - - he said it wouldn't be possible for her to give it to me unless she stuck her body in my butt. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and was absolutely terrified. I spent the entire 4th of July weekend shaking and reading everything I could find. I went July 7th and had a rapid HIV test - which was negative. The only thing I could think of was the woman that I don't know as a long term friend with the scenario I described (oral, a bit of her tongue, and her small toy) and thought it must be that encounter and somehow she has given me this and possibly more. Then with everything I read saying that people that are immune suppressed tend to get warts and others do not I drew the line of somehow she had more than HPV and now I have a wart and who knows what else. When I saw the surgeon on July 10th he said that it probably started with the girl I dated for a long time and when she was on top or as we rubbed together that it came from her. I left his office - felt better - went on vacation (to California for motorycle races) and then last week before surgery I started reading the internet again and convinced myself that I had become immune suppressed and grew a wart the size that I descibed in three weeks. After today meeting again with the surgeon and reading your response I feel so much better. I don't think of myself as someone that feels that I am above anyone or deserve any special breaks - I feel for anyone that is upset or scared. I hope things are o.k. and feel fortunate for this eye opener and the reconnection with the "whats important in life perspective". I can't tell you how grateful I am that you chose to answer my question and that you do what you do on a daily basis for people who need you. In short (too late for that) but - thank you for being you and doing what you do! I am glad that I found your forum and hope that in someway the contribution that I am going to mail tomorrow makes a difference. I work hard - I don't have much money but I will do my best to send donations on an ongoing basis. I am rooting for everyone that comes to you for help and especially for you. Thank you again -!!

Warts - very scared! Jul 29, 2008

Hello Dr. Bob! Can I please ask a question? I had two warts removed from my butt on Friday. My question is - everyone says that a man that gets a wart on his butt has done anal sex. I did not - can I ask though if it would be possible to get it from allowing someone to stick a toy in my butt? Also - how long would it take the warts to grow and reach about the size of two peas? When I saw the warts I freaked out and went for an HIV test -the result was negative. This would have been about three weeks after having oral sex performed on me, a small amount of rim, and the toy. Everything I read says that people with a compromised immune system are the only ones that develop warts - could the exposure I have explained be a high risk for HIV and HPV and that is why I had a wart? Is it possible that could have happened all at once and I grew a wart that size within three weeks? I was dating a girl that had hpv for a long time and we broke up in February - the doctor that removed them said it could have been from her bodily fluids pooling at the lowest point. I have been under an incredible amount of stress at work recently (could that cause an outbreak?), been on a low calorie (750per day) - low carb(less than 20), high protein diet(100grams) (that has made me very constipated). Is it possible that whatever happened to give me the wart would have happened a while ago and I can feel comfortable with the negative result, or do you think it could happen that quick? I am very scared and I see that you are a person of true and genuine compassion - would you please help me? I would like to know if I will be able to get married some day or if I have made a life changing mistake. I read one thing at it makes me feel better and then I read something else that makes me feel so incredibly dirty and ashamed. I read the CDC's report to congress that said that most people will be able to suppress the HPV in 8-24 months - is that true? Thank you so much for considering answering my question!! (I know it is not a preferred way but... can I get the mailing address for a cash donation?)

Thanks for your thanks!

That first general medicine doctor you saw that scared the bejesus out of you should have his license pulled. Not only was the information he gave you factually incorrect, but he all but accused you of having anal sex. (Sadly, his negative attitude may have been triggered by his incorrect assumption that you were gay). At any rate, both his knowledge base and bedside manner need remedial work!

Thank you also for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

frequent masturbation
How to ask certain questions? (DISCLOSURE 2008)