Dr Bob, after reading all your newspaper articles and award by governor, i feel you are the only one that can ease me from all anxiety. I promise to donate !

Hi Dr BOB !

I've always visited your website to follow your daily post. I really enjoy all your questions. I really understand you have to answer repeated questions again and again.

However the question that i ask will definately not be there. Though similar, i have a more detailed question.

Saliva without blood means no Hiv Risk. However Saliva with visible blood will have a HIV risk.

If the skin is peeling towards the back of the face, It's not bleeding but it's peeling quite badly. No trace of blood, when saliva with blood come in direct contact through licking with the peeling part, wet. What do you think is the chance of transmission doctor ?

If licking skin that broke and shows there is dried blood but not actively or freshly bleeding, and comes in contact with SALIVA with blood through licking. what is the risk ?

I really do not know the integrity of skin when it's peeling. Am i right to say that if it's not actively bleeding, the broken skin would not absorb the HIV virus ?

Thanks for the reply. I really do feel for the work you've done. I think praises i what you get everyday for people who wants answer. So why not just let me put actions to say how i feel. I will donate as much as i can, to show how much i appreciate what you're doing for me and for others anxious people out there.

It is impossible for me to respond definitively to your hypothetical situation without being able to examine the area in question. If the skin is intact, HIV cannot permeate it. In general, based on the description you give, I would advise the HIV-acquisition risk would be remote at best. If you are worried, and clearly you are, the obvious thing to do is get HIV tested! Remember to wait for the three-month mark, as HIV-antibody tests (ELISA, EIA, rapid tests) are not considered definitive or conclusive if taken prior to three months from the date of potential exposure.

Thank you for your donation. In return, I'm sending my good-luck karma that you'll test HIV negative. I'm very confident you will!

I will make donation for all your hard work!
Safe Sex Serosorting works.