re: Is it rational to be afraid to travel to India?

hey doc,

just wanted to give a little reassurance to the greece guy travelling to india, that banglore infact is a very very clean city as compared to cities like Calcutta and Mumbai, so need not be worried, all he has to really be careful of i think is to always have bottled water, and not eat junk food off the roads. . . its ok for indians to do that coz our immune systems by now are seasoned ! lol, infact my friends when they are down from london or new york they ofetn fall very sick if they do indulge in streetside food so it really doesnt matter whether u r hiv + or -, just stay off that kinda food here ! otherwise i assure u banglore is clean and quite infectious free as compared to other cities.

hope u have fun in the land of LOVE !

:-))

WIF (worried indian female)

Hi WIF,

Many thanks for your input! I'll pass it along. When traveling overseas, I often recommend travelers get a prescription of ciprofloxacin (Cipro). It's an antibiotic that's helpful in treating infectious traveler's diarrhea. It's one other precaution that might help prevent a nasty case of what we often call Montezuma's Revenge.

HIV risk - brazil, menstruation
Undetectable...is it safe?