HIV risk - brazil, menstruation
Jul 29, 2008
I had sex with who I suspect was a Brazilian prostitute roughly a month ago. The sex was protected, although the condom was of questionable quality as it was un-lubricated and only covered my penis by approximately 3 quarters. To my knowledge it didn't break, although I realized the girl was menstruating at the time and there was a significant amount of blood. About 2 weeks ago, I got ulcers on my gums and a week ago ALL my glands started to swell. Also, there is a blister looking sore on my testicles. Obviously I am very concerned. My question is 2 fold:
Can I get tested at the 4 week mark to get some indication or do I need to wait another 2 weeks? Could the swollen glands be caused by something else? maybe syphilis? I don't have a sore throat or any noticeable infections... Please advise
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. I would recommend you wait for the three-month mark. HIV-antibody tests (ELISA, EIA, rapid tests, etc.) taken prior to three months from the date of exposure are not considered conclusive or definitive.
2. Yes, swollen glands can occur with a great many ailments other than HIV. Regarding the "blister looking sore on (your) testicles," I would have this evaluated by a physician or STD clinic without delay. There are several sexually transmitted diseases that can cause blistering sores, including herpes. (Primary syphilis usually presents as an ulcer known as a chancre.) Don't wait. Get this evaluated and treated now.
Finally, I've got a question for you. Your condom fully unrolled only covered three quarters of your Mr. Happy? Hmm . . . impressive. Just how big is that joystick of yours??? I'll bet you're Italian, right?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And AIDS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.