A (first time) walk on the wild side

Hi Dr. Bob, Thanks for taking a minute to read this and hopefully for responding. I'm having a hard time coping with something I did and I would really appreciate your expert advice. I'm a recovering sex addict and recently fell off the wagon, to say the least. Actually, it's more like I loaded the wagon with dynamite and drove it off a cliff. So, last week I had protected, receptive anal sex with a transexual CSW (I'm a male). It was the first time I've had receptive anal sex and I'm pretty freaked out. As far as I could tell the condom was in tact the whole time. I asked the CSW several times if he/she was clean. She claims to use condoms every time and get tested every 6 months (the last one supposedly 4 months ago). I know if the condom was used properly then theoretically I'm not at risk for having contracted HIV, but I'm just wondering if there's anything I should be worried about. A couple of days ago I started noticing mucous in my stool--what could that be from? IBS? Bacterial infection? I've thought about offering to pay the CSW to go get tested so I can be certain she's not infected. Doc, I'm really troubled by this--should I be concerned about possible hiv infection? Thanks so much for reading this and I hope to hear back from you. You're wonderful, Doctor Bob. Thanks, Freaked out in VA

Hello Freaked Out in VA,

You are correct: HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No how. No way. Consequently, if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent.

Mucous in the stool is not considered to be an HIV-related symptom.

If you remain concerned and the tranny CSW is willing to get tested, this may well calm your fears. Ultimately, I'd recommend you get a single HIV-antibody test (rapid test, ELISA, EIA, etc.) at the three-month mark to provide you with a definitive and conclusive answer and to put any residual worries permanently to rest. Finally, I strongly recommend you climb back onto that proverbial wagon and this time buckle yourself in so you don't fall off again!

Please reply. I am desperate!
HIV risk - brazil, menstruation