The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

thanks for your karma

Jul 27, 2008

hi dr. my test came bac hiv negative. I have been having fun with the same girl that i got tested for to see if i got infected. Since my negative test i have been having fun with her again with no condom since i think she is negative cause my test came back negative. Does that mean that she is really negative cause i had unprotected sex with her three months ago and my test is negative. Last night unfortunatley when i have been having sex with her i got a cut on mr. happy while having intercourse with no condom. Once again im worried what should i do? What are the chances that i just got lucky and she has hiv and now i might have it because of my cut?

Response from Dr. Frascino


You can't assume someone else is HIV negative simply because you tested HIV negative after having unprotected sex with the person! Remember, not every HIV exposure leads to HIV transmission! In fact, a great many do not!

Cut or no cut, the take-home message remains the same. Unprotected sex places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. My advice is simple:

1. Stop playing sexual Russian roulette and start using latex condoms for penetrative sex.

2. Get an HIV-antibody test (ELISA, EIA, rapid test, etc.) three months or more after your last potential exposure.

Even good karma will not protect you from making the same mistakes over and over again!

Be safe or you will be sorry.

Dr. Bob

What Can I Say?
Straight talk about being an Afro-woman and staying safe

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint