What Can I Say?

Hi Dr. Bob:

You recently replied to my e-mail and said I had no risk; Thank You. Via repeated calls to the hotlines at GMHC and The California Aids Hotline they tell me "no risk."

Am I having symptoms now? After years of worry I took a rapid test two or so months ago and in 10 minutes was told "Negative." My worry from previous foolishness were over ,at least temporarily. By the way, you and the same hotlines told me my worries from that previous exposure were non existent.

Last week, Tuesday July 22 , 2008, I went to a Strip Club and had dances from a woman of unknown status. I rubbed her vagina through her G String, no direct contact. I do not remember feeling any wetness on her G String (I was not intoxicated so I think I would have remembered) so how much, if any, vaginal fluid transferred to my thumb is unknown. When I got home I noticed a small raw, red spot, an opening (a hole?) where I had picked skin off. It was not bleeding and I even applied pressure several times with a kleenex and saw no blood or other weepage. I even simultaed the dance by rubbing the kleenex over the area: no blood, no weepage.

The next day when I applied pressure I DID see a small drop/amount of vlood weepage and naturally began to freak out: my repreive from worry was over and was back in full force.

Yesterday, three days after the incident (today is day four, outside of PEP posibilities) I began to have a possible slight sore throat and today (day 4) I may have a slight fever. Could this be ARS for HIV? When does ARS show up?

I am so tired of being stupid and then scared. GMHC and The California Aids Hotline both say to be infected via a cut it needs to be a fresh, open large cut (a bleeding gash is how they described it) and then the gash would have to come in to direct contact with a transmission fluid: direct meaning inside the body, not outside through a G String where air would have killed HIV and it would need to be a fairly large amount of fluid. In any case, I had no knowledgeable contact with any transmission fluid.

Could this possible sore throat be from sinus I struggle with? Possibly.

Leon

Hello Leon,

The AIDS hotlines and I have advised you multiple times your adventures at the Badda Bing are not a risk for HIV. This includes your most recent adventure involving the g-string and the small, raw red spot. You've also taken several HIV tests that unconditionally confirm your negative HIV status. So to your question "What can I say?", I would suggest "WOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!!"

Leon, if indeed you are tired of being stupid and scared, you should focus your attention on becoming better informed and on coping with your irrational fears. You can become better informed about HIV-transmission risk by reading the archives of this forum. As for being scared, I would advise you seek counseling to address your completely unwarranted worries. One thing to remember: HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Your problem is psychological, not viral!

To everyone: Read the archives: Thanks Dr. Bob
thanks for your karma