sorry (RIMMING 2008)

Dear Dr. Bob,

Please help.I went to a massage girl, and she did anal licking on me.It was only for a few minutes, 2 times.I have been freaking out now every time I feel an ache or pain, my anxiety has increased tremendously(always have some)....She did it just with her tounge on my anus, and then put a condom on my penis for oral.I know she rinsed her mouth with mouthwash before it as well.....I can't shake the worry of hiv exposure.

Please help me,

Jack

Hi Jack,

The reassurance you request was already waiting for you in the archives. See below.

rimming Nov 6, 2006

Dear dr. Frascino, Thank you for all the great job that you are doing with all of us confused and in need of professional advice.Well im coming from Croatia and if you could be so nice to answer me shortly on 2 questions. First:If guy preforms rimming to me,are there any chances of contracting the HIV or anything else( im the receiving one). Second question:Can i get amebas by deep kissing with someone who already has them(ameboasis or something like that)? Many, many thanks in advance. Hope to get an answer from you.Greetings from sunny Croatia,Sasa

Hello Sasa from Sunny Croatia,

I've enjoyed many sunny days in sunny Croatia, particularly in Dubrovnik and Split!

Regarding rimming, there have been no documented cases of HIV transmission from rimming or getting rimmed. However, other STDs can be passed by the oral-fecal route. See below.

As to your second question, no, amebiasis is not transmitted by deep kissing, but can be transmitted by rimming.

Stay well.

rimming May 6, 2006

Dr. Bob,

Can you become infected with HIV if you are rimmed by an Hiv+ guy? Thanks.

Another QTND (Question That Never Dies). A simple search of the archives would have answered your question, saving you the need to post a question and me the time to post a redundant response. But that's OK. We'll forgive you this time.

There have been no recorded cases of HIV transmission/acquisition from rimming or getting rimmed. However, rimming without a barrier does place you at risk for other STDs. Now before you immediately start typing yet another redundant question, if you want a rundown on exactly which STDs I'm referring to, check out the archives, OK?

nobody talks about rimming Jan 11, 2006

Dr Frascino, how big is the possibility of becoming HIV+ for rimming? I look for information but nobody talks about it, maybe nobody does it!?

What do you mean no one talks about rimming?? I just checked the archives of this site and found over 250 entries posted on the subject!! Check them out and you'll soon see that there have been no recorded cases of getting HIV from rimming or getting rimmed, OK? However, I should mention other STDs, such as hepatitis A, intestinal parasites and herpes, can be easily transmitted via rimming.

Stay well.

rimming-statistics Jan 18, 2007

Dear Doc, You said the statistics is 1 in 10,000 for unprotected oral sex with a +ve partner per episode. Is the odd still the same for a +ve female giving asshole rimming to a -ve partner? Though not very big, I wish to make a donation, can you give me directly the bank account no. or the link? I have to wire money because I live in Hong Kong. Thanks. C.C.

Hi CC,

There have been no recorded cases of getting HIV from rimming or getting rimmed. However, other STDs, such as hepatitis A, intestinal parasites and herpes can be quite easily transmitted by rimming without a barrier.

The information for direct bank-to-bank wire transfers for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Just click on the "donate" tab.

Be well.

risk of rimming and oral Oct 16, 2006

it's always cute when an HIV positive gay man finds ways to justify unprotected sexual activities of another gay man asking for guidance on preventing the spread of his own infection.

NEWS FLASH.... IF YOU'RE HIV POSITIVE, IT WOULD BE REALLY SWELL IF YOU MADE A LIFELONG COMMITMENT TO KEEPING YOUR FLUIDS TO YOURSELF.

HIV is present in ALL body fluids, including saliva. one can listen to the obsolete data that says it would take drinking a gallon of HIV infected saliva to result in infection... OR one can use their head and KEEP ALL HIV FLUIDS AWAY FROM THOSE YOU LOVE, INCLUDING STRANGERS!

Let me guess, I'm the "HIV-positive guy" who you claim is finding ways to justify unprotected sexual activities of other gay guys asking for guidance on preventing the spread of his own infection, right???? Hmmm . . . OK. Now that we've got that straight. First the facts: I'm a board-certified immunologist, HIV/AIDS physician specialist with over a quarter of a century of experience. I have dedicated my personal and professional life to HIV/AIDS awareness, education, prevention, research and treatment. I have personally founded two medical clinics devoted exclusively to the comprehensive and compassionate medical care of people living with HIV/AIDS. I further have founded a not-for-profit charitable foundation dedicated to providing crucial services to men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS and promoting awareness of the HIV/AIDS pandemic through education and advocacy. That foundation, The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, has now raised well over one million dollars for AIDS service organizations worldwide. With those credentials, I take exception to your characterizing me as just some "HIV-positive gay man." I would say my credentials and accomplishments give credibility to my comments. Now exactly what credentials do you have to question my advice? You certainly are not an HIV/AIDS experts, so perhaps you . . . um . . . what? Stayed at a Holiday Inn last night???

So here's a NEWSFLASH for you: I don't find it "cute" when HIV-phobic, sex-phobic, know-nothing morons attempt to push their nonsensical paranoid fantasies on others. Personally I think "it would be really swell if you made a lifelong commitment" to learning the facts before accusing folks of unconscionable deeds.

By the way, Bozo, even if you did drink a gallon of spit from a "virally enhanced" person, you still wouldn't contract HIV. Don't believe me? Go ahead, give it a try and get back to us, OK?

Bye now.

Can I have HIV from rimming and protected anal sex? Oct 12, 2007

Hi, So a year ago about summer 2006 I met this guy online. I was clean and I asked him if he was clean. He said yes. So I went over and all I did was rim his anus but not for a long time I would say 2 minutes. No oral sex was performed on either side. He then penetrated me with a condom. He said he didn't like the feeling because the condoms I brought were too thick so he wanted to do bb. This was after about say 3-5 minutes. So we stopped cause he didn't like using protection and I wasn't about to let him inside me unprotected. Now almost a year later I find him online and he says he is HIV positive and tested on April 2007. I freaked out. My question is should I be worried that I rimmed him and that I performed anal sex WITH a condom (even though he never ejaculated at all because we stopped)? I didn't have any cuts in my ass or mouth at that time. please help?

Why is it that you are freaking out now that you found out a previous partner happens to be HIV positive? Would you be at any less risk if you hadn't recently seen his online profile revealing his status? The take-home lesson is that we must all assume our sex partners are HIV positive and take all the necessary precautions to prevent STD/HIV transmission. Even if someone slaps a lie detector on his Mr. Happy and claims to be HIV negative, you should not trust that information, because 25% of the over one million HIV-positive Americans have absolutely no idea they are infected!

Regarding rimming, there have been no documented cases of HIV transmission from rimming or getting rimmed. However, other STDs can readily be transmitted this way. Check the archives for additional information. Protected sex is indeed protected if the latex condom was used properly and did not break. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. As always, if you or any of our readers, feel you have placed yourself at risk, get a rapid test at the three-month mark.

why can't you just spit it out ? Aug 17, 2005

How come you and other sources can say that there is no risk from kissing, grinding and some other sexual activities but, you will not say there is no risk from rimming ? There have been no documented cases and it is essentially saliva on skin, so how come it is not classified in the same way as sucking on toes ? The rim on the butt is skin, correct ?

Thanks,

You don't think there is any difference between rimming and toe sucking??? Hmmm . . . let's hope you never get a job at a shoe store.

Here's the STD scoop on rimming. Hepatitis A, intestinal parasites and herpes can be easily transmitted through rimming without a barrier; however, there have been no recorded cases of getting HIV from rimming or getting rimmed. The risk associated with sucking toes is limited to the ingestion of toe jam. So, like it or not, spit or swallow, that's the information just as plain and simple as I can make it.

Fellow Italian Stallion! Aug 21, 2006

Dear Dr. Bob

I've been going crazy lately with the thought of my girlfriend being infected because of my stupidity. I tested negative at 4 and 5 months via the oral Oraquick testing at a free clinic after sexual activities consisting of rimming, etc. with a gay male. Anyhow, my girlfriend has had bad headaches and constant diarrhea for atleast 2 weeks now.

My question is, can I put this episode behind me once and for all from the negative tests results?

Thanks for your education on the very necassary issue of HIV transmission. You've helped many.

Yours truly, Italian Brother

Hey Italian Brother,

You want to put your gay rimming episode "behind" you??? Hmmm . . . that sounds like the right place for it to be!

First, let's discuss your risk. I'm not sure what the "etc." includes when you say "rimming, etc. with a gay male;" however, I can advise there have been no recorded cases of getting HIV from rimming or getting rimmed. Rimming without a barrier, however, can transmit other STDs such as hepatitis A, intestinal parasites and herpes.

Next, your HIV test results: your negative OraQuick tests at four and five months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

If your girlfriend has had problems for several weeks that are not resolving spontaneously, she should see her doctor for an evaluation. There are many causes for headaches and diarrhea. I would also suggest you level with your girlfriend, as it is not only the best way for you to cope with your guilt over this incident, but it is also the right thing to do.

Finally, if your "etc." involved any activities that may have put you at risk for HIV, you should get an HIV test at the three-month mark.

Good luck!

HIV Specialists in SFO
RE: RE: Scinence Is The Devil