HIV Specialists in SFO

Dear Doctor:

Recently had an HIV exposure and curretly on PEP.

Can you recommend some good HIV specalists in SFO? I am very stressed and not sure if there are meds to keep my sanity while I wait for my PEP to complete. I am tolerating the meds.

Thanks a lot. You are my only hope in life. My wife deserted me six months ago in favor of my best friend. So I have no place to go for emotional support since my family is in India

Thanks

Tanush

Hello Tanush,

There are many excellent HIV specialists in the San Francisco Bay Area. I would advise you check the American Academy of HIV Medicine's Web site at www.aahivm.org. They have a roster of certified HIV specialists listed by locale. The Frascino Medical Group is located a bit south of San Francisco in Los Altos. As for keeping your sanity while on PEP and during the follow-up testing out to six months, counseling and/or anti-anxiety medications may help.

How effective is PEP?
sorry (RIMMING 2008)