Jul 26, 2008
Can you transfer the HIV virus by drooling? Example - one toddler to another toddler?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Toddler drooling is definitely not a mode of HIV transmission! Unprotected sex, yes; sharing intravenous needles, yes; blood transfusions with tainted blood, yes; mother-to-child transmission during pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding, yes; but toddler drooling, no! Definitely not!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- What Are The Most Common Std's Among Teens?
- What Body Parts Can You Get Genital Herpes?
- What Causes Vaginal Bleeding For A Month?
- 90 Day Negative Elisa Hiv 1,2 Test
- Can You Have Surgery If You Have Aids?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.