HIV and dried body fluids
Apr 19, 2001
Can HIV be transmitted through oral contact with body fluids that have been dried for several days?
Response from Mr. Kull
It is highly unlikely due to the fragility of the virus when it is exposed to the environment. Please read through "How long does HIV live outside the body?" at http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/TransmissionNon/Q8708.qna.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Advil Or Aleve For Neuropathy
- Early Hiv Rash
- Number Of Sexual Partners Before Testing Positive For Hiv
- How Many Days After Contact With Hiv Person Will Hiv Show Up In Blood?
- Can I Have Unprotected Sex With Someone Who Is Hiv Positive And Not Get Infected?
- Is Inactive Carrier Of Hepatitis B Contagious?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.