aids

recently i had unprotected anal sex with a random girl on a night out, of course now that i am sober i fear that i may have caught hiv, i went to a doctor, and he told me my risk was so minimal, he wouldnt lose any sleep over it saying that anal sex was more dangerous for her. is this advice i can rely on? furthermore, i failed to inform him that recently i had a foley catehter inserted maybe a few days before the sex, would this increase my risk? thanks

Unprotected anal sex definitely places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. The actual risk may be less than some folks would anticipate, but it is a very real risk. Consequently, HIV testing is warranted at the three-month mark. It's fine that your doctor wouldn't lose any sleep over this, but then again, it wasn't his unprotected Mr. Happy that was doing the backdoor banging, like a screen door in a hurricane. A recent Foley catheter would only increase the risk if it had irritated the urethral mucous membrane.

so my question is...
Rapid Test and HIV test results