binge drinking, ekevated liver enzymes and HIV.

Dr. Bob, I drink too much alcohol almost every day for the past ten years. I had an unprotected sex with a person of unknown status, 3 months back. tell me how stupid i am.

I went to the doctor and had a blood test for HIV and the doctor also did a regular blood test.

My HIV test results are negative, but my liver enzymes were elevated. My liver enzymes were elevated for the past couple of years, because of my alcohol abuse. Does drinking alcohol, does it effect the HIV antibody test accuracy? I got an antibody test for both HIV 1 and HIV 2.

Elevated liver enzymes will not affect the accuracy of HIV-antibody tests. However, I do think it's time you cleaned up your act and got professional help for your alcoholism. If not, you are risking both your health and happiness.

what test to do
sanity not yet