Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Mutual Masturbation and HIV
Jul 25, 2008

Hi Dr. Bob I am your fan from Thailand. I have read your www. since I was diagnosed with as a HIV Phobia. After giving oral sex to a man in June 2007, I had stopped having sex for a year. I had anti-hiv test(Elisa-combo) at 54 weeks after the exposure. The result was negative. Moreover, before the last test, I had anti-hiv test and PCR-RNA and DNA more than 10 times with all result were negative (but the first two tests were borderline those were tested after giving oral sex at next day and two weeks after giving oral sex to a man respectively) I think those results lead me to be HIV phobia. Now my sexual drive is active again. Yesterday, I had frottage, hugging with a man and had mutual masturbation with him. I asked him to wear a latex condom before I touched his penis (I wore a condom as well.) I would like to ask you that 1. I am risky to get HIV? I would like you answer me that it is No risk or very Risky, Please do not answer me small risk or very risky and Do I need test? 2. I am free from HIV with the exposure by giving oral sex last year? 3. By using condom for both of us, I am risky to get other STD ? 3. Is that too much for wearing a condom while we are having just mutual masturbation? I am stupid? My friends could not cum because of the condon he said

I am a student from Thailand I do not have much money to donate but I will try to ask my parents to give me some money for your foundation please answer me

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. The HIV risk from frottage, hugging and mutual masturbation is essentially nonexistent. Testing is not warranted.

2. Yes, of course you are. You've had "more than 10" negative tests, including PCR-RNA, PCR-DNA and ELISA-combo tests out to 54 weeks! Your testing is definitive, conclusive and highly excessive.

3. Condoms protect against many, but not all STDs.

4. It is not necessary to wear a condom for mutual masturbation (for HIV protection); however, if you want to wear one, go ahead.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dick Docking and Penis Rubbing 2: Foreskin
Next
PNP BB GUILT

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.