Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Tea Bagging ... What about STD's?
Jul 24, 2008

Dear Dr. Bob: Being a newbie still and trying to find my orientation, I've been trying new "vanilla" things. I allowed a married guy, who wanted to do this, to lick and suck on my testicles; a first for me. I did not allow him to perform oral on my joy stick. It felt interesting to say the least. Not sure if I want to do it again? I guess it will all depend on your answer to my question? A lot of the answers seem to cover HIV, but I'm not worried about that, because the testicles are intact skin, not mucous membranes; however, have I placed myself in danger for other STD's like herpes, etc.? He did it twice, probably a minute during each time. He claims that he was tested in June of 2008 and is clean on all accounts. Of course, since you're to assume the worst, should I start freaking, watching for symptoms and be tested, or should I try it again sometime and continue to enjoy? A donation is on it's way. Thanks for your time and patience in reading my worried well message. BTW, is this called tea bagging? Love the TEA MAN

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Yep, that's tea-bagging, even though the folks at Lipton's may not agree. You are also correct the HIV risk is nonexistent. As for "Vanilla" (or even "Tutti Fruity") sex, remember STD risk is not related to sexual orientation, but rather to risk behavior. Sure, there are some STDs that can be transmitted via skin-to-skin contact, but these risks are the same no matter which side of the fence you decide to have your tea party. Regarding STDs and oral sex, see below.

I'd recommend you get some counseling to help you with your sexual-orientation issues. I'd also recommend you peruse the archives to gain additional information and confidence regarding STD transmission and safer-sexual practices.

Good luck. Enjoy your tea party.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Asked the mixed martial arts and hiking question
Next
scared experimenting virgin

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.