Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Freaked out over blood on hands (possibly)
Jul 24, 2008

Who is right? I am freaked out, I contacted you before but my question was not chosen so I am trying again. My husband assisted an injured person, he wore gloves but one of them had broke towards the wrist. He removed his gloves, I tried to get him to wash his hands but he said there was no need he did not get anything on him. ( We were not in an area that had water available I tried to get him to use sanitizer also, but he said no need) I have been losing hours of my days looking up info and worrying. I looked over his hands and neither of us saw visible cuts. I have mentioned my worry since the time it happened he just says he is fine. He didn't feel well yesterday and I again started to worry about that day. I know if I tell him he should go get tested he is going to think that is over the top. What do you think? Is it safe for people to help people anymore? What if he did get blood on him? I wish he never would of helped that day, what is worse I pointed out the injured person, I feel guilty. I appreciate your input I am going nuts!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Little Miss "It's All About Me,"

You wish he had never helped the injured person??? Hmm . . . how kind and compassionate of you! What if it had been you or your husband who was hurt, bleeding and in need of assistance??? Would you also just advise everyone to ignore you or perhaps just climb over you, being careful not to touch you while they continued on their merry way to the local Piggly Wiggly or Badda Bing???

Lady, you are feeling guilty for all the wrong reasons!

As for HIV, I agree with your infinitely more compassionate hubby. No risk! HIV cannot permeate intact skin. No way. No how. No HIV testing is warranted. What is warranted is a hard look in the mirror to evaluate your self-centered, egocentric selfish demeanor! Please tell your husband I applaud his selfless efforts to help others in need.

Dr. Bob

Previous
re...help me please
Next
So impressed with your work ... ASSURED AND CERTIFIED BY DR BOB

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.